A moving local checklist,To ease the stress of moving, a checklist can really be a great help. A moving local checklist that you create yourself will allow you to ensure that everything you need to do will get done and nothing will get forgotten in the hustle and bustle that will be created as you begin your local move.Taking the time to carefully tailor make your own moving local checklist is important. It is not a difficult task and if you methodically go through the steps that we have laid out for you, you will be sure not to miss a thing.Moving local around brisbane is a big deal in any family’s life and can be a very stressful activity. The first thing you will need to do is to find the right brisbane removalist for your needs.Take the time to research the removalists carefully ensuring that you get the best value for your money without skimping on quality and care. Insurance is also a very good idea with any local move.Below is a good example of a moving local checklist. It’s a great place to start when tailor making one that suits your families every need. One month before moving local
- Get thorough quotes from a local moving company like on the move removals and choose which one is right for you.
- Start organising your utilities. Alert your current utility providers that you will be disconnecting your services at your current address and that you plan to reconnect at a separate address.
- Pack any items that you don’t use often, including family storage items, garage items and garden supplies.
- Settle all outstanding bills.
- Create a complete list of items you wish to move. Start to separate your items into categories “move,” “give-away / sell” and “rubbish”.
- Research your new area: ie. Where is the local supermarket, hospital, and petrol station? Contact the new schools that your children will be attending and ensure everything is in order.
- Order and purchase packing supplies including boxes, specialised boxes (mirror boxes, wardrobe boxes, packing tape and bubble wrap)
- Create a thorough list of essentials that will be travelling with your family and not with the movers.
Two weeks before moving interstate
- Pack up more rooms in the house including lounge room, living areas and non-essential childrens toys.
- Wash and pack extra linens and towels that are not needed.
- Return videos, DVDs, and library books.
- Ensure all important documents including passports, birth certificates, licenses and certificates are all together in a safe place.
- Pick up your family’s dental and medical records and pack them away safely.
- Back up your computer hard drive and pack away your printer and scanner carefully.
- Hold a garage sale if necessary
One week before moving interstate
- Notify all important organisations and memberships of new address
- Organise a mail redirection service through Australia Post
- Disassemble all furniture and safely store the screws, wheels and bolts wrapped carefully and attached to the furniture in an obvious place.
- Service your car before its transport
- Check and recheck your own travel plans and the date for moving into your new address, organise alternative accommodation in your new location if necessary for a few days.
- Clean and defrost refrigerator.
- Final packing of all other items.
- Pack your personal luggage last and make sure all of your essentials are included.
- Organise carpet/curtain cleaning if necessary in both the old and new properties.
- Keep full inventory record of what the movers take with them, including all valuables that are taken and the condition in which they leave the house, before the move.
- Do a final thorough check of the house to ensure you haven’t left anything behind.
By tailor making your own moving local checklist you are giving yourself the best chance at a smooth, problem free move local, ensuring that nothing gets forgotten or overlooked in the busy lead up to moving day.